Following a peace deal brokered on Sunday by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited, NNPCL, between the Management of Total Energies, operator of the NNPC/Total JV, the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association, (PENGASSAN) and the Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG), the unions have agreed to suspend ongoing industrial action leading to immediate restoration of 275, 000 barrels of oil per day production.
In a communique issued at the end of a marathon negotiation session chaired by Mrs. Oritsemeyiwa Eyesan, Executive Vice President, Upstream, NNPCL, all parties committed to resolving all the issues within an agreed framework.
- FG confirms transfer of Zungeru hydroelectric power plant to Penstock Ltd
- IMF says inflation rate in Nigeria could reach 44% due to worsening value of Naira
- Mele Kyari Highlights Energy Security’s Role in Wealth Creation
- NUPRC not leaving Abuja as erroneously speculated
- History as TotalEnergies becomes first Nigerian EP company to end routine flares