Nigeria’s President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has suspended the Central Bank Governor, Mr Godwin Emefiele, from office with immediate effect.
This is sequel to the ongoing investigation of his office and the planned reforms in the financial sector of the economy.
Emefiele, according to a statement from the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, has been directed to immediately hand over the affairs of his office to the Deputy Governor (Operations Directorate), who will act as the Central Bank Governor pending the conclusion of investigation and the reforms.
- FG confirms transfer of Zungeru hydroelectric power plant to Penstock Ltd
- IMF says inflation rate in Nigeria could reach 44% due to worsening value of Naira
- Mele Kyari Highlights Energy Security’s Role in Wealth Creation
- NUPRC not leaving Abuja as erroneously speculated
- History as TotalEnergies becomes first Nigerian EP company to end routine flares